Is the following an APA approved title for a formal thematic paper? "Classical Theory-of-Practice: Richard Stuart, DSW
Thank you for contacting the library.
The best course of action for you to take when you do not understand a professor's feedback on an assignment is to confer with the professor directly for clarification. I cannot locate the resource you referred to above either in the library databases or Google Scholar, is it a website or book? Perhaps the professor meant this is not an acceptable, academic resource for your research paper if it is an article from a popular magazine or non-academic website. Typically for any research paper whether it is in APA or MLA format you will stick with academic resources which mainly include academic journal articles found through our library databases or Google Scholar.
I have included some helpful links below that should be of assistance to you:
- How to Write a Thematic Paper Tips: http://www.professays.com/custom-essays-term-papers/thematic-essay-tips-and-hints/
- Essay Writing in APA Format, OWL Purdue Writing Lab: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/685/01/ (This will also include helpful information about APA formatting)
- Using Thematic Analysis in Psychology: http://eprints.uwe.ac.uk/11735/2/thematic_analysis_revised...
- Evaluating Sources for Academic Research Papers: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/553/01/
- Evaluating Sources Argosy University Library Guide: http://argosy.campusguides.com.libproxy.edmc.edu/TutorialsGuides/EvaluatingResources (Make sure you are logged into the Campus Common to access the guide)
Another thing to keep in mind when searching for reliable and credible academic sources is to utilize the Library Search box at the bottom of the Online Library homepage. You can enter keywords into the box and it does a search of all of the library resources. You can then use refining tools in the search results such as peer reviewed (academic articles), publication date, source type, and subject to limit your search further.
Please let us know if you require further assistance or have any questions.
Alyssa Detrinidad, Argosy University Libraries