Skip to Questions



where can I find actual surveys use for research

Last Updated: Nov 05, 2012  |  40 Views
Was this helpful? 0   0


To find a survey to use for your research, you can use the following strategies:

1) Search for research studies in your discipline in databases such as the PsycINFO  and/or the ERIC, which are found under "Find Articles" in the online library. These databases include references to journal articles in psychological measurement and education that touch many disciplines, and an article on your topic might refer you to a particular test that may be suitable for your study. Journal articles may in some cases include the actual test instrument being discussed, particularly the article in which the initial creation and validation of the instrument is reported. Other articles in which use of the instrument is reported will likely only reference the test, but that can lead you to the test source or publication.

In PsycINFO, it is helpful to make use of the TM (Tests & Measures) search field to see what tests were used in the study. In ERIC, it is helpful to make use of the Tests/Questionnaires search limiter. To do this, go to the Advanced search - then for the Publication Type, specify Tests/Questionnaires (most of the results will be ERIC Documents).

You can also combine your topic search with a cluster of the following assessment keywords to locate a test on a specific topic:

assessment measurement rating test
interview post-test scale tool
inventory pre-test sub-test  
measure questionnaire survey  

2) Search the Mental Measurement Yearbook/Tests in Print database, listed under "Find Articles" in the online library. This includes reviews and information on published measures.

3) Search the print collection in the library, which includes directories of of experimental measures, as well as compilations of clinical measures for adults, couples and children, etc. For help with searching the print collection, please contact Fay Kallista at

Please note that many measure are unpublished, which means you may need to contact the author of a particular measure to obtain a copy, and also to obtain permissions to use the measure.

I hope this helps, but please contact your librarian, Fay Kallista,, if you need further help in identifying a measure for your research.

Answered by Fay KallistaBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    Browse by Popular Topics

    A-Z of Online Journals  –  APA  –  Business  –  Campus  –  careers  –  case studies  –  Chicago  –  Constitution (US)  –  Criminal Justice  –  Cultures  –  databases  –  Definitions  –  dissertations  –  eBooks  –  ebrary  –  Education  –  enivronmental  –  Find Articles  –  Find Journals  –  Government  –  Health Sciences  –  How to  –  ILLiad  –  Information Technology  –  Interlibrary Loan  –  Legal  –  Library Contact Information  –  Literati  –  Login Issue  –  Medicine  –  Newspapers  –  Peer Review  –  Plagiarism  –  Points of View  –  ProQuest  –  Psychology  –  Reference  –  RefWorks  –  Religion  –  Research  –  Social Sciences  –  Social Work  –  Technical_Support  –  textbooks  –  Twin_Cities  –  Unknown  –  videos  –  websites  –  Where is...?  –  Writing  
    View All Topics

    Related content from Library Guides

    Click on the location name for library contact information







    Inland Empire

    Los Angeles


    Orange County


    Salt Lake City

    San Diego

    San Francisco Bay





    Twin Cities

    Washington, DC