I need rite and passage of a culture
Were you looking for rites of passage in specific countries or cultures? Or just any rites of passages between childhood and full inclusion into the societal group?
I would recommend searching the following databases:
- ProQuest Central
- All EBSCO
If you are able to select a specific country or culture and rite of passage, you can use those terms as search terms. For example:
- "rites and ceremonies" AND Judaism
- "rites and ceremonies" AND Judaism AND psychological
- "rites and ceremonies" AND adolescen* AND cultural
- "rites and ceremonies" AND Greece
- adolescen* AND rites and ceremonies AND Mali
- "coming of age" AND Korea
If you wish to do a broader search, I would recommend using search terms such as the following:
- "rites and ceremonies" AND social AND effect
- "rites and ceremonies" AND customs
- "coming of age" AND "rites and ceremonies"
- "rites and ceremonies" AND cultural AND impact
You may wish to mix and match these terms as well. I would recommend using the Advanced Search in the databases mentioned above. You may wish to check off the full text box to only bring back records with the full text article attached. If you need scholarly or peer-reviewed articles, be sure you check off the peer-reviewed box to only bring back peer-reviewed articles.
Please let us know if you have any other questions!