Q. What is the meaning of profound?
adjective (profounder, profoundest)
1. radical, extensive, far-reaching profound changes.
2. deep; far below the surface.
3. said of a feeling: deeply felt or rooted.
4. said of comments, etc: showing understanding or penetration.
5. penetrating deeply into knowledge.
6. intense; impenetrable profound deafness.
7. said of sleep: deep; sound.
profound. (2001). In Chambers 21st Century Dictionary. Retrieved from Credo Reference, a database available through the Online Library.