Q. find case on officer being sued for misconduct?

Research Argosy University Online cases where officers have been sued for failing to follow the guidelines meant to protect the citizens from police misconduct.


Hi Michael,

There are a couple databases that would be good for you to perform your search.  I would recommend using the databases:

  • Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text
  • Criminial Justice Periodicals
  • ProQuest Central

For each of these databases, you will want to select the Advanced Search.  You will then want to separate your search terms out onto the separate lines.  Some search terms that might be useful for you would be:

misconduct AND dismissal

misconduct AND officer AND court

misconduct AND case stud*

misconduct AND court

Be sure you enter the terms exactly as they are listed above.  The * will bring back both case study and case studies.  Be sure you check off full text to bring back only results with the full text article attached.  If you need peer reviewed or scholarly articles, you can also check off the peer review box.

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

  • Last Updated Jul 26, 2017
  • Views 29
  • Answered By [Unclaimed]

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0

Contact Us

Don't see an answer to your question? Submit a new question to us using this form.
Your Contact Information

Please give an e-mail address so we know where to send your answer. We will not share it.

Fields marked with * are required.