Q. Where can I find a journal or periodical on the trends of a Social worker

I'm a online student at Argosy University working on an assignment that asks this question and I'm having a hard time finding it.



Are you looking for an article or a journal? To find articles, I would recommend searching the following databases:

  • ProQuest Central
  • All EBSCO

I would recommend using the advanced search in each of these databases. You can search using search terms such as the following:

  • trends AND "social work*"

Be sure you enter the search terms as I did above. The quotation marks will bring back the exact phrase and the * will bring back counselor, counseling, etc. You may want to check the box for full text to only bring back records with the full text article attached.  If you need scholarly or peer-reviewed articles you will want to check the box for peer-reviewed as well.  You can then look at the journal titles listed for the articles to get some journal names that discuss trends in youth counseling.

You could also search the A-Z of Online Journals.  You can find this link on the home page of the Online Library under Featured Resources.  In the A-Z of Online Journals, you can search for journal titles.  Be sure you change the dropdown menu from Title Begins With to Title Contains. I would recommend searching for:

  • social work*


Please let us know if you have any other questions!

  • Last Updated Jul 26, 2017
  • Views 28
  • Answered By [Unclaimed]

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0

Contact Us

Don't see an answer to your question? Submit a new question to us using this form.
Your Contact Information

Please give an e-mail address so we know where to send your answer. We will not share it.

Fields marked with * are required.