Q. Find 2 companies that are in the same industry - one of the companies need to use business analytics and the other does not.
Thanks for contacting the Online Library. For your research, I would recommend the following databases:
· ABI/INFORM Complete
· Business Source Complete
You can find both of these databases listed alphabetically under the Find Articles and More button in the Online Library. I would recommend using the advanced search in both of these databases. For search terms, I would recommend:
· business analytics AND “case stud*”
· business analytics AND compan*
· business analytics AND “best practice*”
· business analytics AND Google (for example—you can swap out Google with the name of any company you wish to look up specifically)
· “data driven decision*” AND technolog*
· “data based” AND decision AND technolog*
· Data AND “decision making” AND technolog*
· Analytics AND decision AND technolog*
You will want to mix and match these search terms as well. Be sure you enter the search terms as I have listed them above. The quotation marks will bring back the exact phrase and the * will bring back the root word with various endings—for example, company, companies, etc. I would recommend checking the box for full text to only bring back records with the full text articles attached. If you need scholarly or peer-reviewed articles, you will want to check the box for peer-reviewed as well to bring back only peer-reviewed articles.
For more research on each company selected, I recommend:
- Hoover's Academic
I have attached a guide to using Hoover's Academic for your assistance.
Please let us know if you have additional questions or concerns.